Overcome the Constant Worrying About Your Health
Do you obsess about your health despite every doctor telling you and every medical test showing that you’re healthy?
As a CBT therapist in DC, I can help you overcome anxiety about your health and gain peace of mind…
If you struggle with health anxiety, you’re likely preoccupied with your health day and night.
You can’t stop thinking that you might have a severe illness.
You may constantly read about specific diseases and worry that you have them.
You’ve been to doctors, and they keep telling you you’re not sick.
For a while, the doctor’s words may calm you…
But then the worry starts all over again.
Sometimes you think your thoughts are irrational… and other times, you believe that you have an illness or disease.
The health fears dominate your day and keep you up at night.
It’s incredibly stressful!
You’re hoping a therapist can help you.
Do any of these sound like you?
- You check your body constantly for signs that you’re sick.
- You fear getting a severe illness such as cancer, ALS, or Parkinson’s disease. You might be terrified you’ll have a stroke or a heart attack.
- Minor health issues send you into a tailspin of worry.
- You’ve been told you have hypochondria.
- You’re constantly researching even the most minor symptoms.
- You don’t trust doctors when they tell you you’re fine.
- The rational part of you knows you’re okay, but you can’t stop fearing that you’ll become sick.
- In addition to health worries, you have general anxieties or other fears about specific things, insects, or animals.
If you struggle with any of the above, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) can help.
How do I know I can help?
Because CBT therapy is the most effective tool that therapists use to treat anxiety of all kinds.
It has over 50 years of research proving its effectiveness.
I use a specific type of CBT therapy called Exposure Therapy, which gently stops you from worrying about your health.
Many of my clients overcome their health worries in a few short months.
Here’s what’s possible with CBT/Exposure Therapy
- Reduce or eliminate your health fears
- Break the cycle of obsessive thinking that you’re ill
- Feel better about yourself as your irrational fears fade
- Feel more at ease and have a calmer mind
- Come to terms with imperfections in your body and your health
- Be at peace with the fact that life is uncertain. Worrying about your health doesn’t prevent you from becoming sick.
- Have more rewarding social relationships
- Enjoy your job and family life more
You can read a story about how one of my clients overcame their healthy anxiety here.
With my expertise, and warm and gentle approach, you can manage your fears that there’s something medically wrong with you.
Take steps today to get help with your health anxiety.
Contact me for a no-obligation 15-minute inquiry call.
You can tell me about your struggles and ask me any questions you want.
Together, we’ll determine how my therapy can help.